It's in God's hands

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
I was looking for something today, and came across this, which I wrote around this time ten years ago... And I was just thinking how true it is... It would certainly do no harm to remember He's got it all sorted, even if things don't seem to be making any sense sometimes.

It's In God's Hands

Strong and powerful, yet able to comfort
And hold tenderly. The same hands that
Created the tiny daisies and soaring eagles
Are also able to carry the weight of the world.

The one who has already planned our road ahead
Doesn't expect us to travel on our own.
On the contrary, our lives are in His hands.
Only He is in control of our destiny.


"We place our destiny in the hands of the LORD, not in the hands of men, because His mercy is as great as His majesty." (Sirach 2:18)


4 comments:

Therese Says:
May 03, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks. I am going to copy this and make a poster. I will put it somewhere in the house that I see it regularly.

lowdenclear Says:
May 04, 2007 10:38 am

Hehe, I wonder how many looks you'll get from people who see "By Lowdenclear" written on the bottom... :o)

Unknown Says:
May 04, 2007 7:17 pm

Such a lovely and beautiful text. Thank you for sharing it!

jj Says:
May 11, 2007 8:39 pm

wow. That's powerful stuff. Thanks for sharing.