1. Because He loves me, died for me, forgives me and gives Himself to me anytime I go to receive Him in the Blessed Sacrament... and I love Him because He brought me back to the Church, where I can receive Him in the Sacraments
2. Because He is incredibly patient with me and has never given up on me, even during those times when I had pushed Him away and given up on Him... and that He's always there for me and gives me the grace to work through the difficult stuff
3. Because He doesn't just simply tolerate me and think "Oh no, not her again!", but He loves me and loves spending time with me... And He listens to me, and even though He knows all the itty bitty random details of my day, in even more detail than I do, He still wants me to tell Him all about it... and doesn't get bored when I do (even when I'm at the point where I'm boring myself!) :-)
4. Because He has put so many amazing people into my life whom I don't deserve and will never deserve, just simply because He wants to bless me
5. To "borrow" one of the Curt Jester's answers, because "He loved me where I was at, but didn't leave me there."
Actually, the Curt Jester has some great answers there... I also like "I love the view from his shoulders as he carried me back to the flock." :-)
Okay... Five people to tag... Éamonn (of course!), Margreet, Dan (you can leave a comment!!)... and seeing as Therese has already "stolen" Dana and Joakim (and I don't know who else reads my blog), I would like to tag you for a different meme!
"If you could invite your five favourite saints to dinner, what would you serve them to eat, and why?"
(And you're not allowed to tag me back for that one!!!!) :-P
Good luck! ;-)

13 comments:
August 15, 2007 6:17 am
Wow. They are great Leah. Now do you want me to do the 5 saints too?
August 15, 2007 8:39 am
Go for it! ;-)
August 15, 2007 10:38 am
Doh!!!....wrote them all out but accidentally deleted them....
August 15, 2007 10:40 am
Is that you, Pauline?! Hehe! :-)
August 15, 2007 10:56 am
1. Cos even though he died to forgive the sins of us all....HE also died for just me...and lets me know I am forgiven (as I am human and need to experience things through the senses, e.g. hearing) through the Sacrament of confession....such a compassionate Saviour.
2. Cos He not only sacrifices Himself daily in the most blessed sacrament but also spiritual nourishes me....such a giving King.
3. Cos even when I was at my lowest of lows I was still soaring on the wings of eagles that he sent...He loves me even when I don't love myself..... such a loving comforter.
4. Cos He "throws rocks with me", not because He likes throwing rocks but because He likes to share in even the smallest and mundane aspects of my life. He wants a personal relationship with me in which He brings me endless happiness and joy in the beautiful ways He draws me close to Him.... such a caring Father.
5. Cos He IS the way, the truth and the light!!!! His Father loved me so much that He sent His only son to give me another chance, He left His Holy Spirit behind to comfort and guide me and His obdeience and way of life is an example to us all in every moment of life. .....such a wise teacher.
One for grace.....His sense of humour rocks!!!!
August 15, 2007 10:57 am
It is indeedido, Did the fact I am computer illiterate give it away???
August 15, 2007 11:03 am
Quite possibly, hehe! :-)
Good answers...
August 17, 2007 5:01 pm
Sorry for taking so long to comment. 5 reasons why I love Jesus:
1-Because I was created to Love Him and He is the whole reason for my existence.
2-Because He did not give up on me even when I did not want anything to do with Him.
3-Because He has died for me.
4-Because He is the best and truest friend that one could ever have.
5-Because He has given me so much.
August 20, 2007 3:37 am
I have planned my dinner for my five saints. Come on over and see what you get when you come to my house for tea.
August 20, 2007 12:06 pm
I have also prepared for my five saints. Now I'm sitting here with a lot of food and just waiting for them to show up. :-)
October 04, 2007 4:58 pm
Do you people even have lives or do you sit around your computers trying to think of the lamest way to tell the world that you're mindless slaves?
October 04, 2007 8:45 pm
Umm ... Anonymous have you got a copy of the Concise Oxford Dictionary? It's a great read, especially the following entry:
projection, n.
1 an estimate or forecast ...
2 the projecting of an image ... etc.
3 the presentation or promotion of someone ...
4 the unconscious transfer of one’s own desires or emotions to another person.
Just a thought, but maybe you could try not sitting around your computer and get out more?
October 04, 2007 8:57 pm
Yeah, because I spend twelve hours every day on a message board arguing over the minutiae of what the proper greeting to us after mass is.
Post a Comment