OK, so...

Wednesday, August 30, 2006
I guess I'll have to think of something to put down here....

Right. Well. Recently I've been helping my brother work on our family tree, which is all very interesting. We've been finding out all sorts of mad things about the family! I'll be interviewing my Grandmother this weekend, which will be pretty interesting -- her and her family lived through the Belfast Blitz during World War II. This is a pretty good site that I've been looking at too... Especially reading some of the old newspaper articles from the 1800's onwards.

OK, will that do for a first "proper" post?! Interesting enough??? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Therese Says:
August 31, 2006 12:39 am

that is interesting Lowdenclear. I like looking through family trees. How many generations are you going back?

lowdenclear Says:
August 31, 2006 10:33 am

My brother has got it back as far as five generations in some parts... obviously some parts can be easier to fill than others. We've found newspaper articles about relatives in the mid 1800's, which is pretty cool! So now we're trying to bulk out the parts that we don't have a lot of information on.

Anonymous Says:
August 31, 2006 12:13 pm

My grandfather used to do that. It would be nice to go through his work and extend it... Seems like a great deal of work though and I'm a bit on the lazy side. There is this big chest on my mothers attic where all grandpas research is saved...

I've seen that there are courses in genealogy. Have you attended one?

lowdenclear Says:
August 31, 2006 12:35 pm

No, I've never attended any courses in genealogy... I've never even really thought I'd be interested in it up until now! My brother would send me links and little bits of info to whet my appetite! :)

lowdenclear Says:
August 31, 2006 12:35 pm

Hi Pete! :)

Anonymous Says:
August 31, 2006 4:59 pm

I love genealogy! If you want me to look something up for you on ancestry.com or the LDS site just let me know.